An Iconic retail destination
175+ businesses choose Six Corners because of the daily visibility to 90,000 cars, extensive small business grants topping $3.5m, and an active SSA serving our business community.
Portage Park has been named one of Chicago’s Best Neighborhoods and Six Corners sits at the epicenter of that economic growth. With nearly 50 new businesses since 2013, our commercial district is attracting business owners from the city over with large and small redevelopment opportunity, TIF funding, $150,000 build out grants for small businesses, a $20 million streetscape improvement and sidewalk beautification project as well as an area maintenance program for businesses.
SSA 28-2014 aims to promote the development, redevelopment, operation, and promotion of the Six Corners Shopping District for the economic benefit of all businesses and property owners within the SSA in alignment with the Six Corners Master Plan. The SSA Commission will focus on advocacy for the owners of property and businesses within the SSA, functioning as one unified voice. The SSA will be promoted as an exciting place to live, learn, work, and play through collaborative efforts that involve area businesses, public and private institutions and property owners.
SIX CORNERS MASTER PLAN
The Six Corners Master Plan was adopted by the City of Chicago's Department of Planning and Development in 2013. To learn more about opening a business at Six Corners, please view our 6C Master Plan, view our currently available spaces, and contact us to schedule a tour and site visit catered to your needs.
PEDESTRIAN STREET DESIGNATION
Six Corners has Pedestrian Street designation which affects window displays, coverings, and signage requirements. Please read the following ordinance for more information.
The City of Chicago’s SBIF grant uses local Tax Increment Financing (TIF) revenues to reimburse eligible applicants for repairing or rehabilitating their facilities within specific TIF districts, up to $150,000 per property. Click here to learn more.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR BUSINESS OWNERS
- 45th Ward Office, 773-286-4545
- Chicago Site Selector
- Chicago Small Business Center
- 311 City Services
- City of Chicago Business Affairs & Consumer Protection Website
- Business Education Workshops
- Apply for a business license online
- Renew your business license online
- Public Way Use Permits
- Liquor License Information
- US Census Bureau
Looking for free legal assistance for your small business? Attend one of these Free Legal Clinics offered by The Law Project and the City of Chicago’s Neighborhood Business Development Centers.
The Law Project of the Chicago Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights provides free legal assistance, education and training to community based nonprofit organizations, low/moderate income entrepreneurs and low-income first time homebuyers. To learn more about The Law Project or apply for legal assistance visit www.thelawproject.org or contact us at email@example.com or 312-939-3638.
- 18th Street Innovation Center
- West Side Business Xcelerator
- Get Started!
- GROW-Food and GROW-Rogers Park
- Community Based Business Incubator
- Community Business Academy
- World Business Chicago
ACCESS TO CAPITAL
Special Service Area #28
Meetings are held at Filament Theatre, 4041 N. Milwaukee Ave. They are open to the public.
October 19th, 1pm
December 14th, 1pm
- Maintainence of clean, attractive sidewalks
- Enhancement of neighborhood streets with landscaping, bike racks, seating, and wayfinding kiosks
- Placemaking that shapes public spaces
- Investment in public art
- Business recruitment and vacancy tracking
- Neighborhood and tourism marketing
- Holiday decorations
- Community events, programs, engagement
Open SSA 28 RFPs are listed below:
- There are no RFP's available at the moment.
- A.C.T. Group – auditing
- Anne Roberts Gardens – landscaping
- Axecess Advisors — bookkeeping
- BLG Technologies — utilities
- Open — 6 Corners BBQ Fest
- Cleanslate — Maintenance
- D&R Press — printing
- Easy Copy/Megatron Printing — printing
- Hands to Help — homeless prevention
- Hidden Value Portfolio — office rental
- JM Irrigation — landscaping
- LM Cleaning – litter abatement
- Lakota Group – consulting
- Landscape Concepts Mgmt – snow removal
- Liberty Banners & Flags – decorations
- Motion PR — marketing/PR
- Nadig Newspaper — advertising
- National Distribution Services — direct mail
- Sir Speedy — printing
- Tribune Products — office supplies
Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- April 16, 2015: Agenda, Minutes
- May 14, 2015: Agenda, Minutes
- June 11, 2015: Agenda, Minutes
- July 2015: Agenda, Minutes — cancelled
- November 12, 2015, Agenda, Minutes
- January 21, 2016: Agenda, Minutes
- April 14, 2016: Agenda, Minutes
- July 7, 2016: Agenda, Minutes — cancelled
- July 28, 2016: Agenda, Minutes
- August 18, 2016: Agenda, Minutes
- November 17, 2016: Agenda, Minutes
- February 9, 2017: Agenda, Minutes
- April 13, 2017: Agenda, Minutes
- June 8, 2017: Agenda, Minutes
- July 13, 2017: Agenda, Minutes
- August 10, 2017: Agenda, Minutes
- September 28, 2017: Agenda, Minutes