Sidewalk cafe rebate PROGRAM
To enhance vibrancy and beautification and encourage of the Six Corners Shopping District and to encourage more pedestrian traffic, Six Corners Association is offering sidewalk cafe rebates to business and property owners/lessees within the SSA #28 boundaries. Rebates may be applied to the purchase of the sidewalk cafe permit and may not be applied to the purchase, installation, or maintenance of the cafe itself.
Applications will be considered in the order that they are received and are subject to available funding. Only completed applications will be considered and must meet all program criteria.
Rebates offered may cover up to the fee for an annual sidewalk cafe permit, for a maximum of $600/permit.
Only businesses that obtain an executed sidewalk cafe permit from the City of Chicago will be considered for reimbursement.
Business must be fully licensed by the City of Chicago.
Property must be up to code and have no outstanding violations.
Property must be located within SSA 28 Boundaries (see map) for at least one year per submission date.
Must be eligible for a sidewalk cafe permit.
Must provide proof of 2018 permit and payment.
Must have the sidewalk cafe installed.
Sidewalk cafes in Chicago are permitted from March 1st to December 1st. The permit process takes 30-45 days from the submission of the sidewalk cafe permit application.
- Submit the completed application firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Six Corners Association, 4041 N. Milwaukee Ave. #301, Chicago, IL 60641.
- Submit all permits required to complete project.
- Six Corners Association will review applications on the following dates:
- May 15th
- Six Corners Association will determine the eligibility of application for reimbursement.
- Six Corners Association will determine rebate amount for eligible applications as funds dictate.
- Six Corners Association will notify applicants of approval status within one week of review.
- An invoice and final receipts must be presented to Six Corners Association upon completion of the project. Invoices must have cancelled checks or credit card statements attached to verify proof of payment.
- Six Corners Association will schedule a site visit to determine that the project has been completed and that it adhered to the project guidelines.
- Six Corners Association will photograph the completed project and present the results to the SSA Commission.
- If applicants adhered to the project plan, timeline, and costs, Six Corners Association will reimburse applicants within 30 days.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
- Complete and submit the online application.
- Download and sign the following forms:
- Statement of Understanding
- Email or mail these forms along with:
- Copy of Business License
- Copy of Sidewalk Cafe Permit
Incomplete applications will not be considered for approval.
Send to email@example.com or Six Corners Association, 4041 N. Milwaukee Ave. #301, Chicago, IL 60641.
SIX CORNERS ASSOCIATION
4041 N. Milwaukee Ave. #301, Chicago, IL 60641