Security Camera Rebate Program
To enhance safety and security of the Six Corners Shopping District, Six Corners Association is offering safety rebates to business and property owners/lessees within the SSA #28 boundaries. Rebates may be applied to the purchase and/or installation of security cameras.
Applications will be considered in the order that they are received and are subject to available funding. Only completed applications will be considered and must meet all program criteria.
Rebates offered may cover up to 50% of purchase and/or installation costs, for a maximum of $1,000. Security cameras must be installed on the exterior of the building.
Applicants will have the opportunity to purchase cameras from the listed vendors or their own selected vendor.
Business must be fully licensed by the City of Chicago.
Property must be up to code and have no outstanding violations.
Property must be located within SSA 28 Boundaries (see map) for at least one year per submission date.
ELIGIBLE PROJECT EXPENSES
Security cameras used to enhance the safety of the business or property, including at least one camera capturing the public right-of-way
The installation of the security cameras by a licensed contractor. The program will not cover self-installation costs.
- Project must not commence prior to the approval of the project by Six Corners Association.
- Applicant is responsible for securing and paying for required permits.
- One camera MUST capture the pedestrian-designated sidewalk.
- The program will only fund the cameras and/or the installation of the cameras, but will not cover ongoing maintenance or subscription costs.
- Camera must retain footage for a minimum of 30 days.
- Applicants must fully and timely comply with the requirements, deadlines, and proposed timelines set forth by the Six Corners Association in accordance with this rebate program.
- Cameras must be installed, maintained, and functioning for at least three years from the date of reimbursement.
- Applicant will understand how to capture and share surveillance footage with Six Corners Association and Chicago Police upon request.
- Applicants will be considered for this program once every three years.
- Six Corners Association will review applications on the following dates:
- March 15th
- May 15th
- October 1st
- Six Corners Association will determine the eligibility of application for reimbursement.
- Six Corners Association will determine rebate amount for eligible applications as funds dictate.
- Six Corners Association will notify applicants of approval status within one week of review.
- Once approved, applicant will have 90 days to complete the project. Applicants must have all necessary permits secured during this process.
- An invoice and final receipts must be presented to Six Corners Association upon completion of the project. Invoices must have cancelled checks or credit card statements attached to verify proof of payment.
- Six Corners Association will schedule a site visit to determine that the project has been completed and that it adhered to the project guidelines.
- Six Corners Association will photograph the completed project and present the results to the SSA Commission.
- If applicants adhered to the project plan, timeline, and costs, Six Corners Association will reimburse applicants within 30 days.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
- Complete and submit the online application.
- Download, sign, and notarize the following forms:
- Property Owner Authorization
- Statement of Understanding
- Email or mail these forms along with:
- Copy of Business License
- Written plan outlining the location and orientation of the cameras
You will be required to apply for permitting upon approval of your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered for approval.
Send to email@example.com or Six Corners Association, 4041 N. Milwaukee Ave. #301, Chicago, IL 60641.