Every year, each alderman is allocated $1.3 million in Aldermanic Menu funds. This money is allocated by the alderman, with varying degrees of input from city departments, staff, and residents. The 45th Ward, however, uses a process called participatory budgeting to give power to residents to make real budgeting decisions that affect their neighborhood and their lives.
Currently, the 45th ward has entered the beginning stages of the 2019 Participatory Budgeting process. There are 4 ways for residents to submit ideas.
1: Attend a Neighborhood assembly.
- Saturday, May 19, from 10-11 am at the Jefferson Park Branch Library, 5363 W. Lawrence;
- Monday, May 21, from 6-7 pm at Hitch Elementary School, 5625 N. McVicker (enter through doors #6 & #2); and
- Thursday, May 24, from 6-7 pm at St. John's Epsicopal Church, 3857 N. Kostner.
2: Submit an idea online.
You can submit an idea online via the 45th Ward Participatory Budgeting Google Form.
3: Submit an idea at the idea box
Idea boxes will be located throughout the ward. The idea boxes will be placed in the following locations beginning late next week:
* Jefferson Park Branch Library (5363 W. Lawrence)
* Independence Park fieldhouse (3945 N. Springfield)
* Wilson Park fieldhouse (4630 N. Milwaukee)
* 16th District Police Station (5151 N. Milwaukee)
* Rosedale Park fieldhouse (6312 W. Rosedale)
* Gladstone Park fieldhouse (5421 N. Menard)
* Farnsworth Elementary (5414 N. Linder)
* Beard Elementary (6445 W. Strong)
* Hitch Elementary (5625 N. McVicker)
* Prussing Elementary (4650 N. Menard)
* Gray Elemenatry (3730 N. Laramie)
4: Share your idea on the idea wall.
The idea wall is located in the front of the 45th Ward office at, 4754 N. Milwaukee. Simply write your idea on a sticky note and post it to the wall for all to see.
For more info click here.