Dear Friends and Supporters,
As the National Veterans Art Museum continues to grow and expand its mission, we've begun setting the groundwork to establish the first ever National Veterans Art Museum Associate Board.
What is an Associate Board?
By definition, an associate board is a leadership group of emerging professionals, typically ages 25-35, who leverage their time, networks, and resources to help build the capacity of a nonprofit.
Why join an Associate Board?
As written in the Non-Profit blog CharityScenes:
1) No-pressure Networking: Meet people in your industry or people who work in completely different arenas. Maybe this will open doors professionally, or maybe it will just give you a better perspective.
2) Learn new skills & build your resume: Not only does your experience on a non-profit board look good to future employers and graduate programs, but you can genuinely build new skills outside your current expertise. Work in finance? Join a marketing committee and learn how to advertise. Work in technology? Take on a leadership position and refine your management skills for the day you run the company.
3) Make new friends: You and your fellow board members will spend time working through challenges like budgeting and membership development, volunteering at fun volunteer events, and enjoying cocktails at fundraisers. Before you know it, your monthly meetings won’t come around quickly enough.
4) But keep the old: Maybe you join a board because you are already passionate about supporting education or raising awareness for a particular medical research initiative; maybe you join because you’re excited to learn more. Either way, you’ll host fundraisers and volunteer events where you can bring your friends, co-workers and families together for an event they’ll all love.
5) Give back: At the end of the day, nothing will compare to the satisfaction of seeing your efforts and donations combined with the resources of other hard-working young professionals to affect real change.
What will the NVAM Associate Board be like?
The NVAM Associate Board will fulfill a very important and special role. As a semi-autonomous organization with direct support from the NVAM Staff, Associate Board Members will take on the role as young leaders helping to promote Veterans, Veteran Issues, Youth Education, and Fine Art. This will be an excellent opportunity to give back to the Veteran community while gaining valuable boardroom skills and making unique connections for personal and professional growth.
How do I apply?
We are only beginning our search for viable candidates, the Associate Board creation process will last as long as it takes to find strong candidates that can work together as a team to work as ambassadors and representatives of the National Veterans Art Museum. Once you've applied, we will begin the interview and selection process and will hold several small social events to ensure we can form the best team possible.
Dear Friends and Supporters,